No Bake single-serve Cheesecake
Single-serve desserts are not only easy and unsophisticated but also are less time-consuming and energy-savers. Why I call them energy savers is because they give instant satiety to your sweet tooth. And if they involve less sugar than otherwise needed , why not make them , enjoy and celebrate for a while.
So whether you have completed your pending jobs or you got promoted or you received an unexpected surprise or you live alone and wish to indulge , this recipe is a saver for those days. I got inspired by my sister Chetana to try this recipe on my own. But today I am sharing this recipe as part of a Blogging Marathon started by Srivalli some years back, whose theme is “Single Serve Desserts“.
1. Cream cheese (at room temperature)- 2 oz or 2 tbsp
2. Sour cream / Yogurt/ Greek strained yogurt / Home-made curd (at room temperature) – 2 tbsp
3. Sugar – less than 1 tsp (optional)
4. Unsalted/salted butter (makhan) – 2 tsp
5. Graham crackers/ Parle-G gold biscuits/Any biscuits/crackers of your choice – 4
6. Fresh Plum (Aloo bukhara)/Pluots small pieces – 3 to 4 (for garnishing)
7. Heavy whipping cream / whipped cream – 2 tbsp (for garnishing)
8. Confetti /sprinkles – 1/2 tsp (for garnishing)
| Preparation time : 10 mins | Serves 1 person |
1. We begin with the bottom layer of crackers or biscuits. You can use any cream or non-cream biscuits in this layer. Take them in a ziplock , close it. Then roll the ziplock with a rolling pin to crush the biscuits into a coarse powder. It doesn’t need to be even. You may save some powder for garnishing in the end. Mix it with melted butter in a bowl before adding to your glass or serving bowl. (If you are using creamy biscuits , you won’t need any butter whereas with non-creamy ones,we will need butter to make it non-sticky. Similarly, salted crackers and sweet biscuits both add a different flavor and sweet level to this base layer. I prefer less sweet , non-creamy ones depending on calorie content.)
2. Next layer is the creamy sweet layer. Here too you can be creative. But for the plain ones, I recommend using home-made curd/hung curd/ greek yogurt with cream cheese. Warm the cream cheese in microwave a little to thaw it. 15-20 seconds are enough for this much cheese. Let it come to room temperature again if it has got too hot. Now mix in the curd with a whisk or spoon. Adding sugar depends on your appetite and preference. If you prefer low sugar, you can skip sugar here. I added less than a tsp to get the right taste. You may also use Shrikhand for this middle layer.
3. The topmost layer includes fresh fruits or cracker’s powder or some whipped cream. I topped it with freshly cut plum pieces. You may use strawberries, oranges, cherries, apples, pineapples etc. for garnishing depending on your choice. Also add some confetti or sprinkles to add a pop of color. [ Although whipped cream in swirls look attractive , but I skipped it owing to high calories and sugar.]
You can make this in a transparent tumbler or a bowl. This is an instant recipe ,hence it tastes best when consumed the same day. You can cover it with plastic freshwrapp and refrigerate the left-over for next day too. Since it doesn’t involve any baking or cooking ,even a kid can make this with your little help.
So let’s enjoy this summer with a sweet dessert and some kids’ fun. Till then keep smiling…