After a long break of more than a year , I am back again into blogging. I know you have missed me, so did I.
Every year brings new hopes and goals for everyone. Soya is the new “paneer”. Lately I have seen many people replacing paneer in their diet with Soya. And why not? Soya chunks are not only nutritious , protein-rich but they also contain fibers. Today’s lethargic life-style has urged many to include fibers in their diet.
- Soya chunks – 1/2 bowl
- Capsicum/bell peppers (shimla mirch) – 2 to 3 chopped in medium size pieces
- Tomatoes – 2 finely chopped
- Soyabean oil/ mustard oil – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds (jeera) – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida (hing) – a pinch
- Turmeric (haldi) – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder (dhania) – 1/2 tsp
- Fennel (saunf) powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste – 1/2 + 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli – 1/3 tsp or to taste
- Cilantro (dhania) leaves – 2 tbsp finely chopped (for garnishing)
| Preparation time : 5 mins | Cooking time : 15 mins | Serves 2-3 persons |
- Boil 3 to 4 cups of water in a pan. When it comes to a rolling boil, add 1/2 tsp salt with washed soyabean chunks in it.
- Let them boil for 2-3 mins or till they swell. By the time chop the capsicum and tomatoes and keep aside.
- Now strain them through a colander and wash them in cold running water. Let them cool a bit.
- Now cut them in smaller pieces according to your choice.
- Heat a wok(kadhai). Add cooking oil in it. Once heated add jeera and hing in it.
- Once the jeera has roasted , add the tomatoes and green chillies (if you prefer) and fry them for a while.
- Now add the chopped capsicum and the spices like salt, red pepper, coriander powder, fennel powder and turmeric. Toss all of them together with a spatula.
- Add the boiled soya chunks now and mix them well . Saute’ them till they get nicely coated. You may cover the lid and cook it on simmer for 5 mins.
- Once ready , garnish with coriander leaves(cilantro) and serve with hot rotis/paranthas.
Hope you like this sober recipe !! Do try and share your reviews in the comments below !
Till then Happy Cooking !! 🙂