If your kid has gone overboard , is agitated, throwing tantrums and you can’t think of anything to control him/her. Then, believe me this recipe would help him placate for a while. 😀
Brownie, which originated in Boston, U.S. is the most popular kid’s dessert I have seen so far! You can tell me if I am wrong here!! I , however, used to avoid feeding it to my kid owing to high sugar content and unbalance of glycemic index.
So, when I came across this healthy brownie recipe which actually does not use any all-purpose flour and regular white granulated sugar, I had to try it. Check my vegan brownie for that recipe. Inspired by the same recipe, I tried it for a single-serve dessert and my daughter licked it to the core. So lets see this quick recipe now.
1. Cocoa powder (Hershey’s or Nestle’s) – 2 tbsp
2. Coconut Sugar(unrefined) – 2 and 1/2 tbsp
3. Avocado mashed – 1/2 tbsp
4. Milk – 4 tbsp
5. Dark chocolate chips / Milk chocolate chips – 1 tbsp
6. Pure Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
7. Butter / oil – 2 tbsp(for batter) + 1 tsp (for greasing)
8. Baking soda – 1/8 tsp or a pinch (optional)
| Preparation time : 2 mins | Cooking time : 45 seconds | Makes 1 mug-cake or 3 mini brownies|
1. Take a bowl and mash avocado in it. A slice is enough to make 1 brownie.
2. Now add coconut sugar or brown sugar to it and mix it well.
[You may use regular white sugar too. My whole idea here is to make a nutritious brownie. ;)]
3. Sift in the cocoa powder , pour little milk, oil and then whisk all together to make a lump-free batter.
4. Also add the vanilla extract and mix it well. Baking soda is optional , if you prefer a fudge type brownie , you can skip it, but if you like the cake type, go for it. Add some chocolate chips on the top for an extra chocolate.
5. Grease the molds used for cooking with oil. Add the batter in a ramekin cup or a mug or cup-cake molds(microwave safe). I made three mini size brownies, hence (1 for each of us) I used heart-shaped silicone molds. Fill the batter only upto 3/4th level or it may spill out while cooking.
6. Microwave on high setting for 45-50 seconds. After that , if it needs cooking, just add 10 seconds at a time and check. They are ready to take out, once you see the bubbling of batter has stopped.
7. Let them cool for 3 mins on the counter.
8. They will leave the sides of the molds once cooled and done. Invert the mold in a plate and serve as it is or with an ice-cream.
Have it after dinner or make it to warm up your sad day. You will never regret making and having it.
You may check my other recipes like Vegan brownies, eggless chocolate cake, cake-like brownie, Eggless Chocolate swiss roll here. Also check my other single-serve recipes like No Bake cheesecake and Shakarkandi ka Halwa here.
Till then keep cooking and sharing…